New Headquarters of Maralin Py in the historical part of Rostov-on-Don at. Shaumyan 64
Near the intersection of Soborny Lane and Shaumyan Street,the former Dmitrievskaya Street on its southern side, a four-story brick house with an attic floor at number 64 has been preserved. Its restrained architectural appearance is typical of apartment buildings of the early 20th century. And yet today our eyes are drawn to the surviving details: -fan-shaped pattern of wrought-iron railings of balconies; - glazed transom of the front door; - canopy over it on openwork brackets. The date 1913 is inscribed in the wrought-iron ornament under its ramps. This is the time of completion of construction.
However, we do not know today how long the house was built.
And the empty fragment in the ornament above the date also attracts attention. Most likely, the initials of the owner were placed here. Who was the owner of the house? And what significant events were there in his more than century-old biography? We will try to understand this with you.
Since 1890, there has been a single-story structure on this site, the owners of which have changed very often. In 1905, the house was owned by Yadviga Zakharzhevskaya, then Elena Efimovna Pocheptsova . Soon the construction of a multi-storey building began here, during which Stepan Filippovich Konovalov became the owner.
In 1915, a new apartment building with a low attic floor and a basement was estimated at 48,200 rubles.(from the 1915 estimate)
We must pay tribute to an unknown architect who managed to build one of the tallest buildings on this street at that time on a limited plot. After all, it has four floors, an attic for living and a basement for shops that were supposed to be on the first floor.The building is rectangular in plan with a courtyard-well, with brick decoration on the facade. The design uses elements typical of the neoclassical Art Nouveau style. The central entrance is highlighted by a full-height opening, decorated with a decorative portal on the second and third floors. The architectural appearance of the building is formed by inter-floor draughts and cornice, pilasters in the frame of the windows of the third floor, rusticated blades flanking the entrance and the corners of the facade; geometric inserts on the frieze, under the windows of the second and third floors, in the piers of the third floor.
The new apartment building already in 1913 accepted tenants.
Who was not among them: tailors Lobanov and Sokolova; assistant lawyer Abramovich; master of the corset workshop Agripina Golovchenkova; several doctors; immediately settled here the owner of the furnished rooms Mikhailov and the owner of the workshop beloshveek Lopatinskaya.
A year later, the First World War began. But the house was not empty, and those who wanted to rent apartments, rooms and retail premises on the first floor only increased. And then there was a revolution and a civil war. There was a change of government, the city was overwhelmed by a rapid flow of refugees. On the first floor there was a printing house "Don Printing business", which printed various publications, including the newspaper "Great Russia". "The organ of Russian State and National Thought". It was published by the deputy of the State Duma Vasily Vitalievich Shulgin and the philosopher, historian and publicist Peter Berngardovich Struve.
The latter not only published a newspaper, but also gave lectures in Rostov.
What happened to the owners of the apartment building after the end of the civil war, we do not know. In 1923, the house was municipalized. Some residents have remained here to live, and new ones have appeared. Among them were doctors Lavrov and Berk-Steinreich. With a high degree of probability, it can be assumed that the house became home to the future famous actor Lev Steinreich, born in Rostov-on-Don in 1933, a long-term partner of Vladimir Vysotsky in the play "Hamlet" at the Taganka Theater. Before the war, it housed the House of the Union of Communications No. 2, a children's technical agricultural station, and on the first floor of the studio "Poster". During the Great Patriotic War, the building was not damaged and after it continued to be a residential building with the famous Rostov communal apartments. And on the first floor there was the office of the management of "Rosvodokanalnaladka" New times came for the house after 1991, communal apartments were gradually settled, the elegant sashes of the front door were replaced by a metal one, the Rostvodokanalnaladka was changed by numerous tenant firms. But the house continued to attract the attention of not only local residents, but also visitors.
So in 2007, it became a platform for filming. Director Valery Todorovsky shot his film "Vise" in Rostov-on-Don, and chose this house as the place of residence of the main character, played by the famous Russian actor Maxim Matveev.
Here is a small fragment from the film. The unique architectural details of the historic building are already disappearing, some of the openwork grilles are missing, the original window frames have disappeared, and it is all the more pleasant that a few years ago a new and most importantly responsible owner appeared in the house, a person who carefully treats the preservation of historical heritage and tries to recreate the atmosphere of antiquity and comfort. This office is now owned by the luxury real estate agency of Alexey Maralin We wish the company success and prosperity, and the old Rostov house on Dmitrievsokoy Street will continue its history. He still has a lot of interesting things ahead of him.
View count: 1636